I have 4 kids, a husband, a dog,and a swimming pool. When I am not trying to make sure they all remain alive, fed, clothed and love and trying to keep the pool from turning into South Africa’s very own Loch Ness I am baking or writing the next bestseller.
- What is the inspiration behind your blog name?
I was a single mom when HarassedMom was born and I was trying to figure out a name and often felt harassed so it just seemed to fit J
- How would you describe your blogging style?
A little bit all over the place. I blog about most things from parenting to recipes to some beauty to my views on politics. I am pretty honest and open about parenting and how hard I find it some days.
- What inspired you to start blogging?
I have always loved writing and this was a way for me to write and interact with the world.
- What is your most popular/favorite blog post?
I don’t think it is my most popular but it is my favourite. http://www.harassedmom.co.za/parenting-just-got-real
- How do you want to improve yourself in the next year?
I really want to stop feeling so rushed all the time. I try very hard to plan my days but most days I still feel like I am rushing from one place to the next. I don’t like that, so I want to say no more and organise better.
- What’s the one thing you’re secretly good at?
I have no idea!
- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
Scrapbooking and reading but I don’t get to do either as much as I want to.
- What do you love the most about yourself?
I think I have a pretty good sense of humour.
- If you had to be on a reality show, which one and why?
The Amazing Race because you get to see the world and it looks like loads of fun.
- Who has influenced you the most?
My children. And my mother.
- Greatest strength? Weakness?
I am resilient. I am impatient.
- What would you like to make more time for?
Writing for the sake of writing.
- What is something you have always wanted to try?
- Name three things on your bucket list?
Watch the Masai Marai migration, publish a book and I would love to ski.
- Real jeans or jeggings?
- What would be your perfect day?
Gosh I don’t know. If it was a week day, then for everything to run to plan. My life is always going to be busy until my kids leave school, I am ok with that. I just want it to all run smoothly.