Okay so I know it’s the end of February already and it’s probably too late to post this, but luckily I’ve already started reading so it’s not that big of a deal.
So around two years ago, I set a reading list with all the books I wanted to read within a years’ time.
It worked out pretty well, and I was able to read all the books I had set out to read. 25 books isn’t a small amount and there were a few close calls where I thought I wouldn’t complete the challenge I had set for myself.
Last year, I participated in the Good Reads Reading Challenge and I almost didn’t complete it. Same amount of books, so it shouldn’t have been a problem. Why did I almost fail though?
I set out to look back and what I did different with the two years and only one thing stood out: two years ago, I set up a list of all the books I wanted to read and last year, I decided to wing it. The winging it took a lot longer because I couldn’t decide on what book to read next and I would skip a month before choosing a new book.
So my 2017 reading list was already set up towards the end of last year and I sort of did a little math to see how much time I need to spend per book to complete my challenge without rushing through it. This year’s list is compiled of different genres so I’ll have a taste of variety.
So, without further delays, this is my 2017 Good Reads Reading Challenge:
- The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
- The Wolf of Wall Street by Jordan Belfort
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
- The Notebook by Nikolas Sparks
- Grey Magic by J.T. Lawrence
- Sticky Fingers by J.T. Lawrence
- Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter
- The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson
- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest by Stieg Larsson
- Taken by Chris Jordan
- The Omen by David Seltzer
- Shanghai Baby by Zhou Weihui, Bruce Humes
- Annie by Thomas Meehan
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
- Me Before You by JoJo Moyes
- The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Willams
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling
- The Baby Group by Rowan Coleman
- Julius Caeser by William Shakespeare
- Deadly Devotion by Sandra Orchard
- Along Came a Spider by James Patterson
- Pearl Harbour by Steward Ross
- The Scarpetta Factor by Patricia Cornwell
- Dying to Read by Lorena McCourtney
- The Short Second Life by Bree Tanner by Stephanie Meyer
- The Amityville Horror by Jay Anson
- The Host by Stephanie Meyer
- Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins