I’ve found it strange how every time I want to make some pancakes for the family, I’m always either out of eggs or milk, but at most times both ingredients. Monster loves his two glasses of milk a day and we hardly ever use eggs so we never really buy them.
So I thought, surely there should be a way to make pancakes without those ingredients and voila! I found the perfect recipe to make the most DELICIOUS pancakes!
So today I want to share it with you, so maybe one day when you find yourself wanting to make pancakes but you’re out of milk or eggs, you’ll still be able to whip up a yummy treat!
1 cup All Purpose Flour
3 tbsp White Sugar
2 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
2 1/2 tbsp Butter/Margarine
3/4 Cup Water
2 tbsp Water (or 1 Egg}
Olive Oil or No-Stick Oil Spray
1. Sift all the dry ingredients together in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. Melt the butter (margarine) and water, and mix well (if you decided to use eggs, add it to the mixture).
3. Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients and blend until well combined (it’s okay if batter is lumpy).
4. Heat a pan with some olive oil or no no-stick oil spray.
5. Pour a small amount of batter into the pan. Flip the pancake over when the bottom of it is browned.
Serve with butter, honey or jam.
*This recipe makes 6 large pancakes. You can adjust it to your needs. I prefer to make mini pancakes, and with the above recipe, I am able to get around 20-25 pancakes.*