There are certain things that need to be discussed before the baby arrives. Although some are more on the serious side, others will leave you thinking, “Is that something I should be considering?”
1. Unusual baby name or take a pick at the classics?
2. Vaccinate or “Keep that needle away from my kid!”?
3. Soothing: Pacifiers or thumbs?
4. Placenta: Stash it in the doggy bag or throw into the medical waste?
5. If Bottlefeeding: Cold formula or warm that stuff up?
6. Help the baby to sleep or let them cry it out?
7. Spanking or time-out?
8. Family bed or “We bought the camping cot for a reason!”
9. His last name, her last name or a bit of both?
10. Should Godparents be family or friends?
11. Boob, bottle or a mixture of both?
12. How long is TOO long to go without sex?
13. All-Natural birth or “You give me my drugs as soon as I walk in?”
14. Dad during delivery: at the head or down below?
15. Baby talk or teach the kid to speak ‘adult’ as they will further on?
16. Calling each other Mommy and Daddy – sorta weird or sorta cute?
This article was previously published on Mamahood SA.